I am an ENT surgeon with a special interest in head and neck cancer
- Dual qualifications in dentistry and medicine and post graduate qualification in oral surgery and ENT.
- Consultant ENT and head and neck specialist at Luton & Dunstable NHS Foundation Trust.
- Lead for head & neck cancer surgery for Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire cancer network (formally Mount Vernon Cancer network).
- Trained in London, including Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital.
- Specialist training for cancer surgery from various units in London, Holland and India.
- Published articles in a number of international journals and presented papers at many national and international meetings.
- Lecture on a number of national training courses
- Educational supervisor for higher surgical trainees in ENT
- Examiner for final MBBS exam conducted by University College London
- Examiner for post graduate exams conducted by the Royal College of Surgeons
- Clinical Director (currently) for the department of Ear, nose and throat surgery at Luton & Dunstable Hospital.
- Private consultations offered in Middlesex, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire.
I am a caring individual and treat all my patients with respect and without prejudice. I have received a number of testimonials from patients thanking me for the caring and proficient service they have received. I provide a comprehensive service for all paediatric and adult ENT conditions. My special interests are head and neck cancer, thyroid surgery and salivary gland disease. My dual training in dentistry and ENT, gives me a unique advantage in understanding and dealing with problems related to mouth and face. I also have an interest in the treatment of swallowing disorders. I work closely with a speech therapist and dieticians to provide a fully comprehensive solution for this problem.
My other clinical interests are the treatment of snoring and sleep apnoea and I work with consultants from other specialities to provide a truly multi-disciplinary team approach for treatment.
Mr Kothari is recognised by all major insurance companies and is a BUPA Partner (Fee Assured) and will see self referring self funding patients with or without a GP referral letter.
Initial consultations are 30 mins duration.
Follow-up consultations are 15 minutes duration.
Patients are advised that all private hospitals make additional charges for diagnostic tests which take place in consultations such as endoscope, hearing tests etc.
Head and Neck surgery
Head and neck surgery includes diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant conditions in the head and neck region. This includes investigation for neck lumps, voice change, swallowing difficulty and pain on swallowing, disease of the thyroid and parathyroid gland and conditions of salivary gland. It also involves investigation and treatment of conditions affecting the...
Click here for more information.
What are sinuses? There are four pairs of sinuses in the head that assist the control of temperature and humidity of the air reaching the lungs. Sinuses begin as pea-sized pouches in the newborn extending outward from the inside of the nose to the bones of the face and skull. They expand and grow throughout...
Click here for more information.